Thursday 28 February 2013

Paisley print tutorial

Hey everyone, today I'm going to show you a tutorial for my paisley print nails! All you'll need is a base colour (or more than one if you wish), a gel pen and a top coat. Everything else will be after the jump to avoid photo spamming you guys


Many of you have asked me which pen I use for my gel pen designs, I use this one, and here's a picture of the nib if you would like to try find a similar one:


To start of with, paint your nails your chosen colour (or colours if you're indecisive like me). The colours I used for this were:
Essie - Bikini So Teeny
OPI - Gargantuan Green Grape
Barry M - Strawberry
Barry M - Turquoise 
Rimmel - Lemon Drop


Next, draw teardrop shapes using the gel pen on all of your nails, spacing them out as best you can (I probably could have done with spacing them out a bit better!)


Once that's done, outline the tear drops with a lacey pattern. Remember not to push down too hard, just lightly 'brush' the pen over the nail and try to avoid splodging it. 


Then, draw mini tear drops inside the bigger ones


You can leave it like that if you want, but I like to add dots inside the tear drops and also in any available gaps. 


Once that is dry, try to wait as long as possible, add a top coat to seal in your design (otherwise it will wash off!), I used Seche Vite, and you're done!


I hope you like this design, it's definitely one you can try if you're starting off with nail art, I know it may look complicated but I promise it isnt, and it's something that you dont need fancy tools for, and a pen isn't as hard as a brush to control.

I've decided to enter this tutorial into Money Supermarket's 'Money Smart Nail Art' competition, because it seems to fit quite well into the theme of using 'household items'. 

Let me know what you think in the comments!
Alice





25 comments:

  1. Love love love! I'm totally going to have to try this once I find some gel pens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I never thought to try a gel pen for designs like this! Beautiful!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this! i even like the colors plain, so cute and perfect for Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome........but umm are you ambidextrous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE paisley, and will definitely try this out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this!! Thank you for sharing. No idea how I will do both hands but will certainly give it a shot ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very curious as to how come it does go on the nail polish so nicely and just doesn't slip off. awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl you better win that comp!!!Best design ever I'm going out to buy a gel pen tomorrow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore these! Pastels and paisleys?! Cutest ever!! I'm not into nail art but I think I could this. I just love this combination!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tutorial!!! Paisley is simpler than I thought, I will definitely be giving this a try. Your paisley prints are so lovely!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome tutorial! Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks really great! Now I need a gel pen :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great design! It's really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome!! My business name is Painted Paisley Nails so this is perfect, thanks for showing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so great! I don't know why I've never thought to use gel pens...so smart :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. is that the gel pen from Muji? I shall give it a shot soon (:

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved it! I thought that it was harder to do than it really is. Thks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so awesome :D!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't used gel pens since Primary School (used to love the scented ones!) and I just bought some to use on my nails after seeing your blog! I love all of your manicures and hope to be as good as you one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Didnt know the gel pen wouldnt smear! Awesome design!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well I sincerely enjoyed studying it. This subject offered by you is very effective for good planning, hard work and a great team always make a spotless work...
    Printed Pens

    ReplyDelete
  22. love it!!!! will deffinatly try

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow these are beautiful. Thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read all your comments, they make my day! So please do not hesitate to tell me what you think, but I ask that you don't link spam to your blog in your comment, thankyou so much everyone!