Friday 14 February 2014

Review Week, Day Five: Nicole by OPI Gumdrops Collection Swatches

Hey everyone! It's been a day full of swatching and editing for me, just so I could have the reviews done for this weekend before I came home, although with the weather I didn't really want to leave to come home in the first place, so it may have taken longer than usual as I delayed and delayed and delayed, and I didn't end up getting home until late. Anyway, for the fifth day of review week I have the gorgeous Nicole by OPI Gumdrops collection. I know for those of you outside the UK this is a relatively old collection, but in the UK these were only released in Superdrug in November and I was lucky enough to be sent them to review, and I thought this week would be the perfect chance to showcase them. These retail for £8 each and I'd definitely recommend picking some up! I've shown a couple with topcoat for you to see how they're transformed, I intended to show all with topcoat but I just couldn't get my camera to focus properly for most of the day and I gave up in the end, but hopefully you still enjoy!



First up is A-Nise Treat*, a gorgeous black glitter which is absolutely transformed by topcoat as you can see below. This was 2 easy coats, and the picture with topcoat is 1 coat of Seche Vite




Next is Cinna-man of My Dreams*, a lovely copper glitter which is nothing like anything I own in my collection. This again was 2 easy coats. This polish really is transformed by topcoat but I didn't get any good photos I'm afraid



Next is this amazing barbie pink glitter: Candy is Dandy*. This is the only one with larger pieces of glitter in but it really works, this was 3 thin coats but 2 might have been okay



Next is Blue-Berry Sweet on You*, this again was 2 easy coats. As you can see from the photos before this transforms into a gorgeous glitter with topcoat, this was 1 coat of Seche Vite




I Lilac Gumdrops* is also unlike any other glitter I own, but that might just be because I have a limited glitter collection. This was 3 thin coats without topcoat



As tends to be the case around here, I've left my favourite until last. This is My Cherry Armour* [link doesn't show the right picture for some reason] and it's GORGEOUS. Both with and without topcoat as you can see below, if you only pick up one polish from this collection I'd definitely recommend that it be this one. This was 2 easy coats. The topcoat picture unfortunately doesn't show the true beauty of this polish, it's a lot more holographic than the photo would suggest!



Overall I love this collection, textured polishes aren't exactly new, but each of these holds something a little bit unique and I really like how they all work together.

What do you think? Let me know in the comments!
Alice

9 comments:

  1. I have My Cherry Amour and I am absolutely in love with it! I need to try it with topcoat next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all of these except Cinna....love my textured polishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Candy is Dandy and I lilac gumdrops looks amazing! Need those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great swatches! They look so different with a topcoat too! I think Blue-Berry Sweet on You is my favourite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice swatches! Bought the lilac and the red one from Ebay last summer and I both enjoy them so much! Especially the red one, that one is so pretty and unique. Plus it does justice to the name, it does really look like little gumdrops on my fingers :-D I also really like the periwinkle color, might have to pick that one up too.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore all this liquid sand polishes! I have yet to buy one though :( NOPI did a fabulous job with their Blueberry Sweet On You though! :D This is definitely my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I said out loud to myself repeatedly all the way down the page is, "That's amazing!!!"...These are some beautiful shots...Your nails are so perfect they look photoshopped...I am impressed...

    WAHM Shelley... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you know where I can buy Nicole by OPI gumdrop polishes in the UK? I really want My Cherry Amour but can't find it anywhere! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read all your comments, they make my day! So please do not hesitate to tell me what you think, but I ask that you don't link spam to your blog in your comment, thankyou so much everyone!